Members at Hallmark Housekeeping in Toronto ratify wage increases and language improvements
Hallmark Housekeeping Services Inc. – Front St. in Toronto, ratified a three-year collective agreement on August 9, 2022. Wages will increase as follows: Date of Ratification – $0.70, Year 1- January 1, 2023- 0.70, July 1, 2023 – $0.30, Year 2 – April 1, 2024 – $0.50, October 1, 2024 – $0.30, Year 3 – April 1, 2025 – $0.50 and on October 1, 2025 – $0.30. These increases are across the board for all classifications. In addition, new language will be added to maintain a wage gap between the rates and minimum wage.
Other language improvements include:
- Pandemic language.
- Gender neutrality will be reflected throughout the agreement.
- Reimbursement of doctor notes of 50% with receipt.
- Vacation money will be paid out in June and December each year, instead of only once per year.
- Members will gain one float day at date of ratification, one float day January 1, 2024 and one float day January 1, 2025. This will bring them to a total of six float days by 2025. Members will be able to use their float days as sick days. We are happy to be able to achieve this sought-after improvement of the Members as this practice was previously not allowed.
- NEW Letter of Understanding Re: Recall Rights.
Union negotiating committee: Almaz Woldemicael. Union representative: Sabrina Qadir
Catch up on all the negotiation highlights from across the province here.
Have you moved? Update your address with us.
Read the most recent issue of Checkout online, or find issues going back 20 years!